Student/Community Relations Commission
The Student/Community Relations Commission (SCRC) identifies and explores all matters that the Commission determines are related to student/community relations, and serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council. The Commission shall report and recommend to the City Council as the Commission or City Council deems necessary. The Commission is expressly authorized and directed to make such recommendations to Council relative to legislation or policy matters as the Commission determines to be in the interest of student/community relations.
Composition and appointment
- Six residents of the City of Oxford, at least one of whom shall reside in the Mile Square to be appointed by the Oxford City Council. Appointments shall initially be staggered as to length of term with two (2) members for one (1) year, two (2) members for two (2) years, and two (2) members for three (3) years. Commission members shall thereafter serve for a term of three (3) years without compensation.
- Five Miami University students, appointed by the Associated Student Government. One of whom shall be the Secretary for Off-Campus Affairs and one of whom shall be an international student serving two (2) year terms without compensation.
The Commission shall also have 12 ex-officio members as follows:
- The City Manager or the City Manager’s designee
- The Miami University Vice President for Student Life or designee
- The Miami University Health and Wellness Administrator or designee
- One representative of the Oxford Chamber of Commerce
- One member of the Oxford Police Department
- One member of the Miami University Police Department
- One representative of the Talawanda School District
- One member of the Oxford City Council
- One representative from each of the following Miami University recognized organizations:
Each of the above ex-officio members shall be appointed to serve a one (1) year term.
|Miami University Student/Chair (Voting)||Connor Manley||June 2022|
|Resident (Voting)||Joy Usner||June 2022|
|Resident (Voting)||Cathy McVey||June 2023|
|Resident (Voting)||Matt Arbuckle||June 2023|
|Resident (Voting)||Jonathan Shirley||June 2022|
|City Council Representative (Ex officio)||Glenn Ellerbe||December 2021|
|Voting Member||Marilyn Elzey||June 2024|
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, September 10, 2021 at 3:00 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, April 23, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, April 9, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, March 26, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, March 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, February 26, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, February 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, January 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Virtual)