Student/Community Relations Commission
The Student/Community Relations Commission (SCRC) identifies and explores all matters that the Commission determines are related to student/community relations, and serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council. The Commission shall report and recommend to the City Council as the Commission or City Council deems necessary. The Commission is expressly authorized and directed to make such recommendations to Council relative to legislation or policy matters as the Commission determines to be in the interest of student/community relations.
Composition and appointment
- Six residents of the City of Oxford, at least one of whom shall reside in the Mile Square to be appointed by the Oxford City Council. Appointments shall initially be staggered as to length of term with two members for one year, two members for two years, and two members for three years. Commission members shall thereafter serve for a term of three years without compensation.
- Five Miami University students, appointed by the Associated Student Government, one of whom shall be the Secretary for Off-Campus Affairs and two of whom shall serve a two-year term.
The Commission shall also have 12 ex-officio members as follows:
- The City Manager or the City Manager’s designee
- The Miami University Dean of Students or the Dean’s designee
- The Miami University Coordinator of Off-Campus Affairs
- One representative of the Oxford Chamber of Commerce
- One member of the Oxford Police Department
- One member of the Miami University Police Department
- One representative of the Talawanda School District
- One member of the Oxford City Council
- One representative from each of the following Miami University recognized organizations:
Each of the above ex-officio members shall be appointed to serve a one (1) year term.
|Miami University Student (Voting)||Caley Wexler||June 2020|
|Miami University Student (Voting)||Atticus Block||June 2020|
|Mile Square Resident (Voting)||Prue Dana||June 2021|
|Resident (Voting)||Joy Usner||June 2020|
|Resident (Voting)||Steve Schnabl||June 2021|
|Resident (Voting)||Cheryl Young||June 2020|
|Resident (Voting)||Dan Haizman||June 2020|
|City Council Representative (Ex officio)||Glenn Ellerbe||November 2019|
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, May 3, 2019 at 1:30 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, April 19, 2019 at 1:30 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, April 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, March 8, 2019 at 1:30 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, February 22, 2019 at 1:30 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, February 8, 2019 at 1:30 PM (No Quorum)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, November 30, 2018 at 3:00 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, November 16, 2018 at 3:00 PM