Student/Community Relations Commission
The Student/Community Relations Commission (SCRC) identifies and explores all matters that the Commission determines are related to student/community relations, and serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council. The Commission shall report and recommend to the City Council as the Commission or City Council deems necessary. The Commission is expressly authorized and directed to make such recommendations to Council relative to legislation or policy matters as the Commission determines to be in the interest of student/community relations.
Composition and appointment
- Six residents of the City of Oxford, at least one of whom shall reside in the Mile Square to be appointed by the Oxford City Council. Appointments shall initially be staggered as to length of term with two members for one year, two members for two years, and two members for three years. Commission members shall thereafter serve for a term of three years without compensation.
- Five Miami University students, appointed by the Associated Student Government, one of whom shall be the Secretary for Off-Campus Affairs and two of whom shall serve a two-year term.
The Commission shall also have 12 ex-officio members as follows:
- The City Manager or the City Manager’s designee
- The Miami University Dean of Students or the Dean’s designee
- The Miami University Coordinator of Off-Campus Affairs
- One representative of the Oxford Chamber of Commerce
- One member of the Oxford Police Department
- One member of the Miami University Police Department
- One representative of the Talawanda School District
- One member of the Oxford City Council
- One representative from each of the following Miami University recognized organizations:
Each of the above ex-officio members shall be appointed to serve a one (1) year term.
|Mile Square Resident (Voting)||Prue Dana||June 2021|
|Resident (Voting)||Joy Usner||June 2022|
|Resident (Voting)||Steve Schnabl||June 2021|
|Resident (Voting)||Cathy McVey||June 2023|
|Resident (Voting)||Matt Arbuckle||June 2023|
|City Council Representative (Ex officio)||Glenn Ellerbe||December 2020|
- SCRC Special Meeting—Friday, May 22, 2020 at 10:30 AM (Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, May 1, 2020 at 3:00 PM (Changed to Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, April 17, 2020 at 3:00 PM (Changed to Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, April 3, 2020 at 3:00 PM (Changed to Virtual)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, March 13, 2020 at 3:00 PM (Canceled)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, February 28, 2020 at 3:00 PM
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, February 14, 2020 at 3:00 PM (Canceled)
- SCRC Meeting—Friday, January 31, 2020 at 3:00 PM