Violations and Fines
Visit the Oxford Police Department, which is open 24 hours a day.
Enclose the payment and citation (parking ticket) in the an envelope and deposit the envelope in one of two collection boxes located Uptown.
- West Park Place, across the one-way street from Chase Bank
- Outside of the Oxford Police Station, near the mail collection box
Violations and Costs
Parking Meter Violations
Expired meter, multi-space meter fines
- If paid within 7 days: $10
- If paid within 8-15 days: $15
- If paid after 15 days: $25
Parked over the time limit at a meter
- 1st offense $25, if not paid within 5 days $50
- 2nd offense $50, if not paid within 5 days $75
- 3rd and subsequent offense $75, if not paid within 5 days $100
General Parking Violations
- 1st offense $25, if not paid within 10 days $50
- 2nd offense $50, if not paid within 10 days $75
- 3rd and subsequent offense $75, if not paid within 10 days $100
- $250, if not paid within 10 days $275
Immobilization “Boot” / Tow Fees
- Immobilization/“boot” fee: $100 ($125 beginning January 1, 2020)
- Impound fee: $100 ($125 beginning January 1, 2020)
- Tow fee: $125
- Daily storage fee (begins after first 24 hours) $15 / day
- Vehicles with 2 or more unpaid parking violations are subject to Immobilization and/or Tow.
- Vehicles will only be released to the owner only after full payment for all citations and fees are made.
- Vehicles parked in violation of the 72-hour ordinance may be immobilized or towed.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and subsequent offenses escalate the fine amount if the same offense has occurred within the previous 12 months
Appeals must be submitted within ten (10) days of the citation issue date to be considered for the appeal process.