Taxicabs play an important role in our community, from providing services like transporting our citizens to and from doctor’s appointments to providing late night patrons a safe ride home. The City of Oxford requires taxicab operators and vehicles to be licensed to ensure patrons are provided safe conditions.
- Taxicab Companies: Each company operating in Oxford must be registered and licensed in order to establish a responsible party for the operation of the company and operators.
- Taxicab Vehicle: Each vehicle operating in Oxford must be registered and licensed in order to ensure the vehicles are routinely inspected and are safe. All licensed vehicles will be required to display a windshield sticker.
- Taxicab Operators or drivers: Each operator or driver must be registered and licensed to operate a taxicab in Oxford. The most important new requirement is all Operators must pass a BCI&I (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation) background check and a local records check.
The following files contain the respective application and Oxford Codified Ordinances Chapter 725 Taxicabs.
- Taxicab Company License Application
- Taxicab Vehicle License Application
- Taxicab Operator License Application with Miami University Waiver