Temporarily Leaving Oxford?
Off-Campus Students & Oxford Residents
- Request a vacant house check and police officers will monitor your windows and doors while you are away.
- Lock all windows and doors and use light timers that can be picked up at either Student Life (110 Warfield Hall) or Armstrong 2012 (ASG Office). (Miami University students only)
- Take all valuables with you or lock them in a secure location.
- Take photos of the valuables you do leave behind and then snap a photo of the product serial number!
- Do not turn off your heat. Check with your landlord with instructions to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Do not leave your car parked on a city street during breaks, as Oxford has a 72-hour parking limit.
- You may purchase a temporary parking pass to leave your car on campus.
- Make sure you have all needed travel documents with you before you leave campus.
- If you are driving, have your vehicle’s fluids and tires inspected before you leave.
- Make sure a friend or family member has your travel itinerary before you leave.
- Give yourself plenty of extra time to get to your destination.