An update from Miami University regarding student move in
Miami University has shared with us some important updates regarding plans with their students this fall. We have been meeting weekly to determine the best way to keep our community safe- students and year-round residents. While no solution is perfect, please know that we are working diligently for the safety of our entire community.
Here are the highlights of their announcement:
- August 17th MU Classes will begin online/remotely.
- September 14-21st will be a phased underclass move-in.
- Sophomores and upper-class students who had planned to live on campus will have the option to move off-campus and get a refund from University Housing. They can acquire housing off-campus.
- Students can also decide to take all online courses and not return to Oxford or take a gap year and their place will be held at Miami.
- Students who decide to return to campus must sign the Healthy Together Pledge.
Oxford Community COVID Response:
The staff at the City of Oxford are also working hard on our response to COVID issues as we plan for the student’s return. We are developing a City COVID website that will have reporting features for concerns about COVID issues and it will educate residents about our planned response to risk areas such as face coverings, mass gatherings, and bars/restaurants. We hope to release this by the end of the week.