Helpful tips for moving out or leaving Oxford
Move-out during COVID-19
We are anticipating that the stay at home order may be extended or repealed slowly, and we know that this may interfere with your move out plans. Landlords have informed us that they need tenants out by the end of their lease to ensure property maintenance can be completed for the next year’s tenants. Please review the full directive from the Ohio Department of Health regarding safe move-outs and below are some tips to help your move-out be compliant:
Coordinate your move out times to ensure social distancing:
- Contact your housemates and make a plan of who will move out when, and which shared items each person will take. Gatherings must be kept to 10 individuals or less.
- Like many other communities, Oxford’s grocery and retail establishments have low quantities of cleaning supplies. We encourage you to plan ahead and bring your own supplies.
Large gathering enforcement:
- The City of Oxford Division of Police is monitoring our community for large gatherings and is enforcing the Ohio Board of Health social gathering restrictions. Please take these orders seriously so that our officers do not have to intervene during your move out process.
Donations and Utilities
- Clean up your place, inside and out.
- Donation Options
- Nonperishable food to our local food pantry.
- Household items:
- Oxford Goodwill. Accepting donations Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun. from 10am-6pm. Leave items outside during these hours and staff will come out to get them.
- Post on the Oxford Neighborhood Share site to arrange for a community member to pick up an item (This should be a porch pick up. All items posted must be listed as FREE. )
- Terminate Utilities and Schedule Additional Trash Pick Up by filling out the utility termination form.
- All trash should be in bags or receptacles. Any mattress or upholstered furniture must be completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal.
- Sign up for a Vacant House Check and police officers will keep an eye on your residence while you are away.