Housing Advisory Commission
Per Oxford Code 137, this Commission meets monthly and may hold additional meetings as required to conduct its business or as requested by City Council. The Commission consists of seven (7) to nine (9) members appointed by Council, two (2) of which shall be City Council members. The Commission has numerous duties including making recommendations to Council on housing, disbursement of the Affordable Housing funds and other funds designed for moderate to low cost housing and development, as well as working with other assistance organizations. The Commission reports periodically to Council the status of housing issues in the City of Oxford.
The mission of the Housing Advisory Commission is to foster an environment in which all current and future residents of Oxford will have an opportunity to own or rent a home. The Commission will accomplish this through research, education and advocacy, focusing on:
- Affordable Housing,
- Intergenerational Housing,
- Senior Housing,
- Rental Housing,
- Other Diverse Housing Opportunities, and
- Encouraging the Use of Sustainable Building Practices
to provide an improved Quality of Life in Oxford, especially the Mile Square.
The Commission will communicate with other city Commissions and Boards to gather and disseminate information such that reliable and thorough recommendations can be provided to Council on housing.
- Housing Advisory Commission—Monday, August 16, 2021 at 3:30 PM
- Housing Advisory Commission—Monday, July 19, 2021 at 3:30 PM
- June 21 HAC Meeting—Monday, June 21, 2021 at 3:30 PM (Virtual)
- May 17 HAC Meeting—Monday, May 17, 2021 at 1:30 PM (Virtual)
- HAC Meeting—Monday, April 19, 2021 at 1:30 PM (Virtual)
- Housing Advisory Commission—Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:00 PM (Virtual)
- HAC Meeting—Monday, January 25, 2021 at 1:30 PM (Virtual)
- HAC Meeting—Monday, December 21, 2020 at 1:30 PM (Virtual)