Preschool Assistant Teacher
IMMEDIATE OPENING: The City of Oxford, Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for the position of Preschool Assistant Teacher for the Learning Blocks Preschool Program. The typical hours are 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and 11:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, during the school year. Additional summer opportunities may be available. Local Police, BCI and FBI background checks will be conducted prior to employment. Qualified applicants must have:
- High School Diploma
- Prefer previous experience in a preschool-age environment.
- Knowledge of the Ohio Dept. of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) Child Day Care Center Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in classroom management and curriculum development.
Qualified applicants must have and/or be willing to acquire the following within three months of employment (must be ODJFS approved trainings):
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Communicable Diseases Training
- Child Abuse Training
Qualified applicants will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Supervise and educate students in collaboration with the Lead Teacher
- Provide a safe, enjoyable education experience for the students
- Assist in planning monthly curriculum by adding new ideas to engage students
- Utilize creative thinking to adapt lessons to the children’s needs and abilities
Salary Range: $12-14 per hour depending on qualifications.
Please submit your application (job description and application can be found on our website at www.cityofoxford.org/OPRD) and resume to:
Oxford Parks and Recreation Department
c/o Ryan Himes
6025 Fairfield Road
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Download the Employment Application »