OXFORD PARKS AND RECREATION
REC TECH — PARK CLOSER
Oxford Parks and Recreation Department is seeking applicants for the position of Park Closer. This person is responsible for checking and locking the gates at the Oxford Community Park and Oxford Skate Park every night at or shortly after dusk. Position may also be responsible for basic cleaning of park facilities as necessary. Salary is $9.00-10.00/hour depending on qualifications. Hours vary depending on weather and season.
Every evening – Monday through Sunday, up to two (2) hours per night. The Park Closer will be paid one (1) hour for inspecting and locking up the Oxford Community Park – 6801 Fairfield Rd., and one (1) hour for inspecting and locking up the Skate Park at the TRI – 6025 Fairfield Rd.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to relate well with all age groups and deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently in performing specific aspects of the work.
- Ability to communicate well with the supervisor and other OPRD or City of Oxford staff.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to travel to both locations on a nightly basis.
- Must be at least 18 years old with current, valid driver’s license.
Reports To: Sports Activities Supervisor
Please submit your application (job description and application can be found on the city website below) and resume to:
Human Resources Dept / Park Closer
City of Oxford
15 S. College Ave.
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Download the Employment Application »