Sports Assistant/Recreation Technician
Download the Employment Application »
$10-12 / Hour — depending on qualifications. Approximately 12-15 hrs. per week, April – September.
Nature of Work
An employee in this class is responsible for assisting in preparing athletic fields for play, marketing programs and site management of programs and events. Preparing athletic fields includes Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Flag Football and others as needed. Preparing fields entails dragging, lining, removing water, painting soccer fields, etc. Flexible schedule and includes some evening and weekend hours.
Examples of Work
- Drag and line baseball/softball diamonds
- Construct and line/paint soccer fields
- Drive a utility gator or truck
- Maintain a neat safe work environment
- Assists Sports Administrators as needed (Site Managing and Marketing of Programs/Events)
- Assist Dept. as needed
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Responsible to work under stressful conditions (heat, cold, rain)
- Resourceful and efficient in problem solving skills.
- Works well with others.
- Current Driver’s License
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
City of Oxford application must be completed by March 29th, 2019 delivered in person, mailed or emailed to:
Oxford Parks and Recreation
6025 Fairfield Rd.
Oxford, OH 45056
For more information please contact Jake Richardson at Oxford Parks and Recreation — (513) 523-6314.