The Community Development Department oversees compliance with the zoning regulations for new structures and alterations of existing structures.
Zoning divides Oxford into districts and regulates the use of the land and the dimensions, location, and use of buildings in those districts for the purpose of ensuring safety, health, convenience, and the general welfare of the citizens.
A Building and Zoning Permit is required for all new construction, building additions, and signs. Changes in the use of a building or lot (such as increasing or decreasing parking) also require a permit. View the Building and Zoning Permit page for a more extensive list.
Planning & Zoning Code
View the City of Oxford Planning & Zoning Code, effective through December 31, 2018.
The ordinances below were passed after the date above and repeal and replace or add certain chapters and sections of the Planning & Zoning Code. They should be used in place of, or in addition to, the respective chapters and sections in the pages linked above.
- Ordinance 3520 — Chapter 1145 — Planned Developments — This ordinance updated the Planned Development application requirements and clarified the Comprehensive Plan goals for housing type diversity and affordability.
- Ordinance 3530 — Chapter 1152 — Historic and Architectural Preservation - This ordinance updated procedural regulations for the HAPC, repealing former Chapter 1331 and replacing it with a new chapter in the Planning and Zoning Code.
There are two methods for viewing zoning information:
- Interactive Zoning Map: View the map in a web browser »
- PDF: Download the Official Zoning Map, formatted for 24 by 36” paper (17.94 MB). Last updated on Thursday, March 21, 2019.
- Planner Zach Moore, (513) 524-5204