Before you apply
Visit the Online Permitting Center » (limited permits as of April 20, 2018)
Application and submission requirements
- Download, print, complete and submit the Application for Building, Zoning, and Related Permits (v 3.3 January 2, 2018).
- Applicants must provide five sets of building plans, and they must be signed by a design professional.
- If you are demolishing a structure, see our demolition page.
- Drop off or send application(s) and building plans to the Community Development Department, 15 South College Avenue, Oxford, OH, 45056.
Resubmittals or Revisions
You must provide a cover letter or memo when submitting resubmittals or revisions and it should explain what has changed. If you do not provide this information we may dispose of the plans after seven days.
- If all building code standards are met and no revisions are required, the review process typically takes one to two weeks.
Payment & pickup
- Someone from the Community Development Department will contact you when the permit is approved and ready for pickup and will give you the total fees due.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- Occupancy cannot take place until the project is completed and the Certificate of Occupancy and Certificate of Code Compliance are issued.