New commercial building codes now in effect
The Ohio Board of Building Standards has adopted new codes for commercial, industrial, and multi-family dwellings, effective November 1, 2017. As of November 1, 2017 we are enforcing the 2017 Ohio Building Code, 2017 Ohio Mechanical Code and 2017 Ohio Plumbing Code, and the referenced standards. The Ohio Codes are based on the 2015 International Building Codes.
- 2017 Ohio Building Code (based upon the 2015 IBC)
- 2017 Ohio Mechanical Code (based upon the 2015 IMC)
- 2017 Ohio Plumbing Code (based upon the 2015 IPC)
- 2011 Ohio Fire Code (based upon the 2009 IFC)
- 2017 Ohio Energy Code (based on the 2012 International Energy Conservation Code) or 2010 ASHRAE 90.1
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
Referenced Standards on or after November 1, 2017
- 2017 NFPA 70 (National Electric Code)
- 2016 NFPA 13 and 13R (Automatic Sprinkler Systems)
- 2016 NFPA 72 (National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code)
- ICC A117.1-2009 (Accessibility and Usable Buildings and Facilities) as Modified by OBC Chapter 11
Call NIC at (513) 524-5205.