Housing Advisory Commission
This Commission shall meet monthly and may hold additional meetings as required to conduct its business or as requested by City Council. The Commission shall consist of seven (7) members appointed by Council, two (2) of which shall be City Council members. The Commission has numerous duties including making recommendations to Council on housing, disbursement of the Affordable Housing funds and other funds designed for moderate to low cost housing and development, as well as working with other assistance organizations. The Commission shall report to Council annually the status of housing issues in the City of Oxford. Appointments, with the exception of Council members, shall initially be staggered as to length of term with two (2) members for two years, (2) members for three (3) years, and three (3) members for four (4) years. All Commission members shall thereafter serve for a term of four years without compensation.
The mission of the Housing Advisory Commission is to foster an environment in which all current and future residents of Oxford will have an opportunity to own or rent a home. The Commission will accomplish this through research, education and advocacy, focusing on:
- Affordable Housing,
- Intergenerational Housing,
- Senior Housing,
- Rental Housing,
- Other Diverse Housing Opportunities, and
- Encouraging the Use of Sustainable Building Practices
to provide an improved Quality of Life in Oxford, especially the Mile Square.
The Commission will communicate with other city Commissions and Boards to gather and disseminate information such that reliable and thorough recommendations can be provided to Council on housing.
- HAC Meeting—Monday, July 16, 2018 at 7:00 PM (Canceled)
- HAC Meeting—Monday, June 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM
- HAC Meeting—Monday, May 21, 2018 at 7:00 PM
- HAC Meeting—Monday, April 16, 2018 at 7:00 PM
- HAC Meeting—Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 6:30 PM
- HAC Meeting—Monday, February 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM (Canceled)
- HAC Meeting—Monday, January 8, 2018 at 7:00 PM
- HAC Meeting—Monday, December 18, 2017 at 7:00 PM