Preschool Assistant Teacher
PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT TEACHER
Approximate Hours (20 to 30 hours/week)
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (depending on enrollment)
Tuesday/Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Salary $9.00 — $11.00/hour (depending on qualifications)
- High School Diploma (Must present high school diploma)
- CPR, First Aid Training (must be willing to be trained if not already certified).
- Communicable Diseases Training (must be willing to be trained if not already certified).
- Knowledge of the ODJFS Child Care Center Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Knowledge of Preschool Curriculum Development.
- Must be fingerprinted and approved for employment by the Bureau of Criminal Identifications and the FBI.
Nature of Work
Under the supervision of the Recreation Program Supervisor, the employee is responsible for assisting the Lead teacher with the planning, organizing, supervising and implementing of Preschool activities as related to the Ohio State Daycare Licensing Policies and Procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of supplies, equipment and techniques necessary to run a successful Preschool program.
- Ability to teach activities to Preschool aged participants (3-5 years old).
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with other employees and the general public.
- Assist Recreation Program Supervisor with other duties as assigned.
- Assists Lead teacher in the following responsibilities: planning, leading and supervising daily activities; organizing and writing the Preschool Curriculum specific to our preschool program; conducting parent/teacher conferences; daily room preparation and clean up; supervising preschool participants; distributes information to parents and in meeting all Ohio State Day Care Licensing Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to use community resources to offer a variety of activities for the children (i.e., Miami University Psychology Department and Speech and Hearing Department, etc.).
- Assist the department by working in our Summer Snoopers Day Camps. These are conducted Monday-Friday from 8:30-12:30 p.m. during the summer months. Dates to be determined at a later time.
- Assisting the department by working in non-preschool programs and special events as assigned by supervisor. These include some week nights or weekends (such as Sweetheart Dance, Egg Hunt, July 3rd, etc.).
- Other duties as needed.
Recreation Program Supervisor
Download the Employment Application »