The City of Oxford, Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for the position of Preschool Administrator/Teacher. The typical hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 8:30 a.m. — 2:00 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday. Local Police, BCI and FBI background checks will be conducted prior to employment.
Salary: $12.00 — $14.00 per hour, depending on qualifications
Qualified applicants must have:
1. High School Diploma
2. Valid Child Development Associate Degree (CDA) or Bachelors Degree in Education with two years of training verified by a transcript including four courses in child development: Two years of training shall be sixty semester or ninety quarter hours from an accredited college, university or technical college. Four courses shall be twelve semester hours or eighteen quarter hours from an accredited college, university or technical college. Child development shall be as defined in rule 5101:2-12-28 of the Administrative Code
3. Prefer at least 2 years experience as Lead Teacher in a preschool program.
4. Knowledge of the Ohio Dept. of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) Child Day Care Center Licensing Rules and Regulations.
5. Knowledge and experience in Preschool Curriculum Development.
Qualified applicants must have and/or be willing to acquire the following within three months of employment (must be ODJFS approved trainings):
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Communicable Diseases Training
- Child Abuse Training
Please submit your application (job description and application can be found on our website) and resume to:
Human Resources Department / Preschool Teacher
City of Oxford
101 East High Street
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Download the Employment Application »