The Community Development Department oversees compliance with the zoning regulations for new structures and alterations of existing structures.
Zoning divides Oxford into districts and regulates the use of the land and the dimensions, location, and use of buildings in those districts for the purpose of ensuring safety, health, convenience, and the general welfare of the citizens.
A Building and Zoning Permit is required for all new construction, building additions, and signs. Changes in the use of a building or lot (such as increasing or decreasing parking) also require a permit. View the Building and Zoning Permit page for a more extensive list.
Planning & Zoning Code
View the City of Oxford Planning & Zoning Code, effective through November 20, 2016.
The ordinances below were passed after the date above and repeal and replace or add certain chapters and sections of the Planning & Zoning Code. They should be used in place of, or in addition to, the respective chapters and sections in the pages linked above.
- Ordinance 3428 — 1143.07 R3MS Single, Two, and Three-Family Mile Square Residential District (effective Oct. 19, 2017)
- Ordinance 3429 — 1141.01 Accessory Regulations (effective Oct. 19, 2017)
- Ordinance 3430 — 1141.03 Supplemental Regulations (effective Oct. 19, 2017)
- Ordinance 3431 — 1147.03 Use Specific Regulations & Potential Concerns (effective Oct. 19, 2017)
- Ordinance 3432 — 1101.4 Design Standards and Construction Standards (effective Oct. 19, 2017)
- Ordinance 3433 — 1145.12 Design (effective Oct. 19, 2017)
- Ordinance 3440 — 1143.03 R1MS Single-Family Mile Square Residential District (effective Nov. 17, 2017)
- Ordinance 3442 — 1143.05 R2MS Single and Two-Family Mile Square Residential District (effective Nov. 17, 2017)
- Zoning-Districts-8_5x11 — Formatted for 8 1/2 by 11” paper (1.44 MB)
- Zoning-Districts-11x17 — Formatted for 11 by 17” paper (2.31 MB)
- Planner Sam Perry, (513) 524-5204