Before you apply
Application and submission requirements
- Download, print, complete and submit the Application for Building, Zoning, and Related Permits (v 3.0 December 31, 2015).
- Applicants must provide five sets of building plans, and they must be signed by a design professional.
- If you are demolishing a structure, see our demolition page.
- Drop off or send application(s) and building plans to the Community Development Department, 101 East High Street, Oxford, OH, 45056.
- If all building code standards are met and no revisions are required, the review process typically takes one to two weeks.
- The Building and Zoning Permit Application lists all relevant fees.
- Fees will be determined during the review process and you will pay at issuance.
- We do not accept up-front payments.
Payment & pickup
- Someone from the Community Development Department will contact you when the permit is approved and ready for pickup and will give you the total fees due.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- Occupancy cannot take place until the project is completed and the Certificate of Occupancy and Certificate of Code Compliance are issued.